Far Cry 5 Review






Here is Limited-time deal link

PS4 Purchase Below 



 


Xbox Purchase Below  






 PC Purchase Below



 

That will get you to Amazon Site.....
Great game! It plays enough like the other Far Cry games that I was able to figure out how to play fairly quickly, but it's different enough that it feels like a new game.
 Load times are acceptable for the most part, and I've only encountered a few minor bugs so far, nothing game breaking.

It's a LOT of fun to play. I don't know if it will take as long to play as some of the other Far Cry games, but I've only gotten through one region so far.

I like that so far, I do not have to skin animals just to upgrade my gear.
 It seems that the animal skins are just something to collect for money, or challenges.
 I really don't like killing animals in games.. I don't know why, I have no problem killing human characters in games, but I still have issues with animals. 
I really don't like that there are ever any dog enemies in any game ever.. NO ONE wants to kill dogs in games, do they?? 
But, the fact that we can have companions in most situations makes this a little more bearable, because I can just direct my companion to take care of the attacking dog while I run away. I still have to hear them cry sometimes when they're defeated, and that is heartbreaking, but I'm still managing to enjoy the game in spite of that.
 There is a perk that makes wild animal attacks less likely, but I really wish game developers would stop putting in enemy-dogs that have to be killed.

Aside from the animal issue (which is kind of insane since I know it's not real and I don't know why it bothers me!), my other annoyance is that when someone decides to talk to me through the radio, I can no longer talk to anyone else about anything until they are done. 
So I have to just stand there and wait until whoever it is stops talking so that I can talk to another NPC (some NPCs have tips that lead to new locations or missions).
 A few times I somehow triggered the exact same "conversation" through the radio over and over again, and I couldn't figure out any way to skip it.

Also, there have been a few instances where story related missions just start without warning, and then they end in completely different locations than they started. 
So if you're almost at a particular location, you have to start all over again to get there. 
At least fast travel works from anywhere, and doesn't take an excessive amount of time to load.

I have not enjoyed driving in any Far Cry game so far, including this one.
 I find driving to be really difficult in first-person games. There is AutoDrive, but that has its own set of issues (and only works on actual roads). 
There was one mission that involved chasing a helicopter by car, and I just kept failing that one over and over and over again because I'd get stuck behind a tree or on a rock.. I almost gave up on that one. Finally succeeded, but I think it was just luck.

Flying is not as difficult as driving, thankfully -- I have even successfully landed a few times, although once I got the parachute I stopped worrying about landing.
 I just fly to wherever I want to be, and then jump out and let the plane crash. Fun!

Last, though this has nothing to do with the game itself, but I'm annoyed with Amazon for sending me a game with the case all in Spanish (with just a little sticker indicating that the game plays in English). This has no effect on my review of the game, 
but I specifically bought directly from Amazon instead of a 3rd party seller because I'd noticed that other sellers sometimes indicated that the case was not in English. 
I was worried about it affecting resale value (the only way I can afford to play new games is if I sell them back as soon as I'm done).
 So I spent more (and had to pay tax) to make sure the seller was Amazon, and then I received the game in another language anyway. 
Sigh. But again, that's not about the game -- I am enjoying the game a lot anyway!



 



Xbox Live 12 Purchase


Comments