Sun Joe SPX3000 Electric Pressure Washer is it worth it?

Here is Limited-time deal link


Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer


 


That will get you to Amazon Site.....



As machines go, it is one of the best ELECTRIC power washers available. 

BUT my machine came out of the box defective, the washer tips were plugged with grime, and it took me 2 days to figure it out AND that I really needed different washer nozzle tips to get the BEST performance from the Sun Joe. Buy nozzles rated either 2.5 or 2.7, the nozzles that come with the machine are 2.0, which i figured out experimentally.

Here are my experimental results without boring everyone with the math...

1.90 Gpm - ALL Soap low pressure nozzles
1.15 Gpm - 2.0 Sun Joe high pressure nozzles
1.35 Gpm - 2.7 Dusichin high pressure nozzles
1.45 Gpm - 3.0 Twinkle Star high pressure nozzles
(No Data - 2.5 high pressure nozzles)

The best performance was from either the 2.7 or 3.0 nozzles, with the most power from the 2.7 nozzles. 

The high the nozzles rating and Gpm, the more water and therefore, the FASTER you can work a surface. 

But the tradeoff is depending on your machine's power, you lose water pressure with the larger nozzle (imagine using the soap nozzles!) Interestingly, if the nozzles are TOO SMALL you will create backpressure on your machine's pump, AND dramatically SHORTEN your machine's life.

Overall this is a quality machine, I changed mine to use the standard M22 14mm connections so I could use more ergonomic pressure washer guns with a REAR handle connection, which makes the gun and wand feel much lighter. 

 I used a 14mm to 15mm adapter from Home Depot with part number 376192. I feel like I have a great machine with all of my changes.. 5 stars if you do all of this!

PS I added a nozzle chart to the pics, if you see 2.5 Gpm nozzles, that means 2.5 Gpm at 4000psi, since this machine has a 2000psi max, you have to follow the chart down to 2000psi and look for the nozzles that match with our Sun Joe 1.76 Gpm, BOOM! it matches at 2.5. So the 2.5 Gpm designation is assuming you are running at 4000psi, it is simply an industry standard.

Comments